Tuesday, April 9, 2013

art journal

Here's some more art journal fun from a couple of weeks ago.
Inspired by this post, I decided to try making prints
using our styrofoam take out boxes.
A somewhat moody post
inspired by my recent contemplations on how life
is often a complexly beautiful mix
of joy and pain.
I used acrylic paint for the print
and my beloved gel pens to fill in some color.
(When making prints like this, you have to write backwards,
which is tricky. Especially when you're already dyslexic.) : )

This lighthearted number has hidden meaning.
The background includes one of my failed "joy and pain" prints.
True praise springs from both.
This piece is epicly mixed media (for me, at least):
I used acrylic paints, colored pencils, watercolors, and gel pens.

"The grass is always greener..."
Made with styrofoam stamps, watercolors, acrylic paints, and ink.
(I love the texture that the acrylic paints add.)

"Shine"
made with acrylic paints and styrofoam stamps.
(I got all of my letters the right way this time!)

Abstract styrofoam stamp by Brother
in "the color of peanut butter."
(I liked the his stamp so much that I added some more color
and used it for the background of my "Brown" page.
Recognize it?)

Little Man's styrofoam stamp: A Spider Web.

Little Man's "Circle Sun Colorful" made with gel pens.

Brother's abstract art also made with gel pens.

1 comment:

Tammie said...

I love each and every one.