Thursday, January 31, 2013

three things

Three simple things
I have discovered this time around
that I wish I had known about
when I had my first child:

My sister-in-law gave us a set of these for Baby.
They are fantastic!
Simple
(Just zip it up!)
Secure
(Baby is snugly wrapped up in them.)
Stretchy
(He can still move around a bit when he wants to.)
Soft
(Made from mostly cotton
plus the zipper is cleverly covered with a special flap
so that it doesn't scratch his chin.)
It's a brilliant product.

 I don't know why it took me so long
to start folding receiving blankets
in stable oblongs
instead of in tower-of-pisa squares.
They fit so much better in the drawer,
they don't fall over,
and it's one less fold to make
which can add up when you're washing a few.
Win-win.

I don't have a photos for this last one,
has revolutionized my nursing wardrobe.

4 comments:

Tammie said...

:) Awesome.

Kristena said...

Aw! Congratulations!!! She is gorgeous!

stitching under oaks said...

wish they would have had those swaddle pods when my babes were little...I never could get the blankets to stay securely around their squirming little bodies!

Larissa said...

your little guy is beautiful!
totally agree with what Lisa said - love that there are so many cool new baby products.

one tip from me: hang your older kiddos' t-shirts in the closet rather than folding them. saves time plus they can find what they need quickly without emptying an entire drawer!