Thursday, November 10, 2011

little artists

The boys got new paint from grandma last week.
New paint results in wildly excited boysies
who plead to paint until I let them
and in heartfelt prayers of gratitude from me
for washable art supplies.

Really, though, I am just as delighted as they are.
I love watching their creativity
and ability to communicate through visual art grow.
I love hearing Little Man's confident proclamation:
"I am an artist!"

I love watching their intent expressions
as they carefully dip, paint and rinse,
and I love keeping them supplied
with fresh papers and clean water.

I love spreading the beautiful wet paintings
to dry all the way across my counter.
I love displaying some on my fridge when dry
and mailing the rest away to brighten the day
of grandparents, aunts, uncles.

I don't even mind the clean up...

Brother's purples and oranges.

Little Man's experimentation with color mixing.

"A Radio" by Little Man
(Usually he prefers abstract painting,
so this one is extra special.)

"Giant Raspberries" by Brother

2 comments:

Jennifer {Studio JRU} said...

Oh my goodness... too cute!! And what beautiful art. Perfect for decorating the walls or refrigerator! :)

Raise Them Up said...

Your handsome little men are GROWING! Lol! It's been way too long since I stopped by to catch up. Looks like they will have your flare for the creative. :)