Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Katie's bridal portraits

Please bear with me as I indulge in a few days of somewhat belated wedding photos from my friend Katie's wedding on June 18. Today I'm going to share some of the bridal portraits we squeezed in at the very end of the day. I was going to share only one or two, but Katie is such a graceful and beautiful subject with such control over what she looks like that I manage to get tons of good photos in just minutes, resulting in far to many favorites to choose just two.

It was a windy day, and after battling the gusts for a while we decided instead to embrace it and make the most of some wind-blown veil shots.

I don't think there's anything quite like helping to capture and document a friends' joy on her wedding day. I feel so honored to have been included!

4 comments:

The Imperfect Sojourner said...

beautiful photo's :)

Tammie said...

i love every one of them.

stitching under oaks said...

beautiful job....capturing a bride...what an honor. You did a wonderful job.. She is just beautiful.

Jennifer {Studio JRU} said...

Wow. These are stunning. You captured her beauty and the wonder of the moment so well!!