Friday, July 15, 2011

bridal hair accessory

My dear friend Katie got married on June 18th. I can't believe that I haven't blogged about it yet! After all, I was one of the photographers and have many beautiful images to share. Plus Little Man was the ring bearer, and I am very proud of how handsome he was and how well he behaved. I think it's one of those times that I have too much to share and don't know where to start.

About two hours before the rehearsal, Katie came to me with scraps from her wedding dress alteration, a rough sketch of a hair accessory that she had been dreaming of, and a request for advice on how to make it happen. I immediately envisioned exactly how it needed to be put together. After making sure she trusted me enough to just leave it in my hands, I sent her on her way to take care of all the other important details she was juggling.

I started with a base of white felt attached to a comb to which I added layers of bits of lace and tule from the dress as well as two white feathers. Then I added a satin flower and a sheer (organza?) flower also from dress scraps. A few antique buttons from my collection became the perfect finishing accents.

Much to my relief, her trust in me was not unfounded, and she was delighted with my creation. I have to admit that I was proud of how it turned out, perfectly coordinated with her entire "look."

Katie was a beautiful bride; I must share more photos soon...

linking up with Sneak Peek Friday today!

10 comments:

Tanna said...

beautiful headpiece!! her trust was not misplaced. blessings ~ Tanna

Anonymous said...

Wow...that's amazing and beautiful...you did a great job and she looks gorgeous!

Unknown said...

Oh so cute! The headpiece is beautiful!

The Imperfect Sojourner said...

wow, great work!! it's beautiful

Jen Price said...

Wow! That is beautiful! Totally impressed that you did that 2 hrs. before the wedding.

Karen @ Pieces of Contentment said...

Nicely done. Katie must have so appreciated a handmade item made to match her outfit.

Tammie said...

Beautiful work! Beautiful bride!

Cindy said...

You are the total wedding chick! I am amazed at how you must have seen the scraps as they were, and envisioned this piece of loveliness! Simply perfect!

tracie c. said...

Hi Christina
Thank you for stopping by my blog and thank you for your comment! Greetings to you in Montana! Summer oh sweet summer! Your headpiece was such a personal touch to your friends special day, the gifts from our heart are the sweetest in life!

Jennifer said...

Hello, Christina! Your friend was certainly blessed by your creative heart. Beautiful work!