Tuesday, June 28, 2011

scrapbook pages

Two weeks ago we were thrilled to welcome a new, tiny niece into our family. Benjamin's middle brother and his wife had their beautiful little girl on Tuesday. She weighed 5 pounds 14 ounces and was 18 inches long. The whole family is still buzzing with excitement over her arrival.

It has become something of a family tradition for the sisters-in-law to assemble scrapbook pages for the newest family members' mothers to fill with photos. Below are my contributions.

My sister-in-law loves sunflowers, so I couldn't resist making two sunflower-themed pages. (The words on the left page say "Growing like a weed.") The dark brown paper is actually a print with architectural designs. It looks a little funny, but it was the only paper that I had that was the right color. Plus once there is only 1/4 inch showing around the photos, nobody will be able to tell. : )

I am a calligrapher before I am a scrapbooker...

I love all the different textures.

I also made two bright and cheery first birthday pages. You can't see it in the photo, but the stickers and paper are actually sparkly. I loved using all the fun girly colors even if the result is slightly chaotic.

Once again, I love doing calligraphy.

This simple page may be my favorite. I accented it by hand stitching some favorite heart buttons onto the paper with a rough thread.

The photo mats are labeled "I love Mommy" and "I love Daddy."

This is another glittery paper and sticker paper. This page was just fun to make with the funky-retro-ish paper and design.

My sister-in-law who put all of our album pages together said that it turned out really well. I'm so happy that I was able to contribute and hope that our other sister-in-law will have lots of fun filling these pages with photos of my sweet niece.

1 comment:

Laura Railing said...

What a fun tradition! I love the different combinations! The hand-stitched hearts are a cute idea!