Thursday, April 7, 2011

more crochet love

I am not the only one who is crazy about crochet around here. Little Man seems to have caught my excitement. After sitting in my lap one day and gripping the hook with me, he decided to try it himself. He'll ask enthusiastically: "Mom! Can I crochet?" Most the time I say "yes" because he's very careful, and he sits down, grips the crochet hook and baby hat with a great deal of intense concentration, and mutters something like "loop, hook, go around, grab here" as he stabs the hat with the hook.

He's very cute. And since he's also pretty smart, I suspect that one of these days, I'll pick up my work only to realize there are a few random stitches that I did not put there.

Oh, and just to keep it real, I have already had him come to me guiltily and confess: "Mom, I cut your yarn." Fortunately the damage was minimal, and we both learned from the experience.

2 comments:

SarahZ said...

That is ADORABLE!!!! How cute would it be to see Sweet Pea in a hat...made by her brother?! You are so blessed!(as if you don't know that already! :)

Christy said...

What a sweetheart!! :)