Sunday, February 22, 2009

Treasured

I did not sleep well last night. I woke up tired and cranky. Yikes. My poor family! And then my husband sent me back to bed telling me he was going to take care of Little Man. I felt kinda selfish and undeserving but was oh, so relieved to get some more sleep.

Well, guess what. When I woke up again (feeling much better!) I went upstairs and my husband had not only cared for Little Man, but had also washed the dishes and scrubbed the counters. He was in the process of thoughouly cleaning the stove and proceeded to sweep!

As I got ready for church, all I could think of was how treasured I felt. And then I had to laugh as I realized that I've watched The Princess Bride far too many times as the line, "So treasah yoah wiiiife" imediately went through my mind. hehe. Anyway, my husband has definitely been pampering me lately!

Last weekend he took me to a bed and breakfast in Swan Valley, Idaho for two nights. We enjoyed a going skiing at the Grand Taghee Resort, soaking in the beautiful scenery, relaxing in our room, and eating the bed and breakfast's gourmet breakfasts and dinners off antique china. It was amazing!

It was interesting because even though we didn't realize it, the bed and breakfast has recently opened, and we were there first over night customers! (They serve dinners to the community, so they have had other guests; they just hadn't had over night guests before.) And let me tell you, if you are ever in Swan Valley, you really must look into the Old Irwin Lodge.

Here are some of my favorite pictures:

This is part of "our" charming suite.


Part of the view from our window.
A snippet snapshot of our Valentine's morning breakfast.

Us after out Valentine's dinner.

The view of the Grand Tetons on our drive home.

2 comments:

Raise Them Up said...

I just had fun catching up with you. That view of the mountains is so absolutely beautiful. I've only ever been past them once, but I would LOVE to take my husband west some day. It sounds like you had a lovely weekend.

Your little man is growing so fast!

Shaina said...

How sweet of your husband to clean up for you :)

That place you stayed looks beautiful!