Monday, December 29, 2008

Those pesky emotions!

Yes, today has been one of those up and down days for me. Arg. Those pregnancy hormones have making my life a bit harder recently. But I really wouldn't want to be emotionless, or even to be stuck with only one emotion. I have to smile as I think of the folk tales in which princesses are cursed with laughter being their only response to life's circumstances or to who can only cry no matter how amusing the situation in which they find themselves is. Either one would be an awful place to be!

I find that the key to handling roller coaster emotions is remembering that God is bigger than my feelings, no matter how huge or important they seem, and He wants me to always be subject to the control of His Spirit. In fact, while understanding what my hormones are up to is a helpful way to explain why my emotions are haywire, I must not use them as an excuse to be ruled by my feelings.

"We are destroying speculations and every lofty thing raised up against the knowledge of God, and we are taking every thought captive to the obedience of Christ." (II Corinthians 10:5)

"Like a city that is broken into and without walls is a man who has no control over his spirit." (Proverbs 25:28)

So that's what I've been thinking about today.

3 comments:

Tammie said...



thanks for the new heading. it is beautiful!

Anonymous said...

Dear Christina,

What a wonderful picture you chose for the top of your blog! Did you actually write that, it is very lovely writing?

I am truly blessed by the scripture verses you have written here. In fact, I am copying them for further contemplation.

So, you are expecting another baby! Wow! You are wonderfully blessed! I always loved each pregnancy and never felt more beautiful than when I was carrying a baby. I wish I were having another baby. I could never have too many.

Your sweet husband left a very interesting comment on my blog on the 28th. I want to make a difference with my life, but I never think about being remembered, except by those who love me.

Your menu, below, sounds so tasty I can almost smell the food cooking.

May God bless you and your baby, Christina, and give you a peaceful day.

Love, Hope :)

P.S. I see your mother's comment about the heading. I thought they looked similar. They are both beautiful!

n*stitches said...

Emotions can be difficult to handle especially during holidays! It sounds like you have a pretty good handle on things. You are so right - God is bigger! Have a happy new year!