Friday, December 19, 2008

Our Casual Concert

This evening we had the privilege of playing a casual Christmas concert at our local Coffee shop. In our small town, almost all the stores close by 5:00-6:00 p.m. (seriously, I could probably count the ones that stay open later than that on one hand) except on the three Friday evenings before Christmas, where the festive event known as "The Christmas Stroll" takes place, and they all stay open until 8:00 or 8:30. It's fun. You get all bundled up for the freezing cold weather, walk around enjoying shopping, sign up for a drawing at many of the stores, and then go to the drawing at the end of the evening. Last year I won a $10 gift certificate to our local book store, and my husband won a Patagonia brand winter hat.

Anyway, all that rambling explanation to say that we got to play at the coffee shop during the final Christmas Stroll of the year. Quite a few friends came to hear us play considering how late we were on getting the word out. The music went well, and we had a wonderful time! When we came home, we both kept exclaiming, "That was so much fun!" Now I'm winding down and feeling ready for bed...

Oh, and here's the Baby update: I called the Doctor's office today to make my first appointment, and they used their little chart thingy to determine that my estimated due date is August 19 (our wedding anniversary!), which puts me at about 5 weeks. That doesn't quite seem right to me, but oh well, Baby will come when he/she is ready! ; )
Posted by Picasa

No comments: