Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Ups and Downs

Today has just been one of those up and down kind of days. I know I have gotten stuff done, but I feel so tired and have so much more that I want to get done, that I feel discouraged.

As you can tell by the photo, I swept my kitchen and dining room as well as spot mopped. It really needed to happen. They pile of yuckies that I swept up was impressive. In a negative way. ; )

I also cleaned, cut, ground, and packaged the meat from the deer my husband got last week. I am so thankful for my mom's help packaging and keeping track of Little Man, who is getting super adventurous and exploratory. It was such a good feeling to be able to get it all done and to be able to stow all those tidy packages in the deep freezer for winter use.

We were all set to record this evening when one of my husband's guitar strings broke while he was tuning. So, he had to re-string all six strings (you need to have matching strings), and we have to wait until tomorrow to do guitar since the new strings stretch and go out of tune too quickly.

I was disappointed to not be able to work on recording tonight, but I did make another abstract guitar string sculpture. I think I am going to call this one "bad hair day". It was going to be a treble clef, but as you can see, that didn't work. I don't think it will stay on the light switch, but it amused me to put it there. Anyone want a crazy abstract guitar string "sculpture" to accent their decor? ; )

I am enjoying listening to my husband sing and record with the keyboard since we can't do flute and guitar tonight. He is singing a song he composed, and it is simply beautiful!

I am going to close with the lyrics from it since I am being blessed by them and would like to share.

Where charity and love are, God is there.
Christ's love has gathered us into one.
Let us rejoice and be pleased in Him.
Let us fear, and let us love the living God.
And may we love each other with a sincere heart.

Where charity and love are, God is there.
As we are gathered into one body,
Beware, lest we be divided in mind.
Let evil impulses stop, let controversy cease,
And may Christ our God be in our midst.

Where charity and love are, God is there.
And may we with the saints also,
See Thy face in glory, O Christ our God:
The joy that is immense and good,
Unto the ages through infinite ages. Amen.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

May I point out that I did not write the words (though I did adapt them)? They are from an early Christian hymn which is presently known as 'Ubi Caritas.' It is widely used in the Catholic tradition, though it quite probably predates the Catholic Church. I would imagine that the Catholic Church may have been responsible for translating the words into Latin, were they not already in that language.

More recent research into very early manuscripts of this hymn has resulted in the first verse being amended (at least as it concerns the Mass). It now reads: "Where charity is true, God Himself is there." I used this translation in the song, as I prefer earlier manuscripts, and as I felt it to be theologically preferable.

At any rate, I think I will make some kind of YouTube version of it so that you can post it on here.

Tammie said...

whoa, baby!!!! you got all that done? i'm impressed.